What horrible things would you be willing to do just to get some free “money?” Let’s find out!
ATTENTION: BUTTCOIN.ORG HAS STOLEN THE BITGEM
IT IS NOW THE BUTTGEM. WE WILL ONLY RELEASE IT FOR ONE MILLION COSBYCOINS, ASSOCIATION WITH KIM DOTCOM, AND ONE MOVIE THEATER SERVING 20 VARIETIES OF SODA AND SHOWING FAN-MADE EPISODES OF DISNEY’S “TALESPIN.”
IF YOU DO NOT MEET OUR DEMANDS, WE WILL DELETE THIS WALLET WITHOUT MAKING A BACKUP.
Following are dozens of quotes, mostly dredged from reddit and Bitcointalk.
- Sure, but it beats verifying all the transactions by hand like they did in the old days of quaint paper money, hahaha those poor bastards with their ”cash registers” and shillings and whatnot.
- I love this. People who try to make points like this against bitcoin don’t seem to realize how infantile cash and banking systems are in comparison.
- this is governments going OMG/WTF bitcoin is real–it’s a strong currency in the midst of our little currency war. All currencies are competing to devalue, simultaneously. BTC isn’t. This is like prohibition; as soon as inflation picks up, the masses will come.
- Using Xbox or PS3 to mine coins? Anybody tried this before? I know their GPU’s aren’t top of the line, but for people like me who don’t game much they could be going to much better use.
- I don’t think we are near the peak either. It’s fascinating to watch bitcoin grow, evolve and get its financial tentacles all over things.
Last night Tom from bASIC, “Next generation Bitcoin mining hardware” built in his garage, blew a gasket:
these type of threads are BULLSHIT
we have always honored our refund requests but a thread like this basically just kills my business
Ask yourself this question:
Do you want a nice friendly refund as we have been giving or do you want to completely put me out of business?
because if you completely put me out of business than you are going to have to come to NY to take me to small claims court.
ask yourself this question, do you really want to come to NY to take me to small claims court? or do you just want to wait your turn and quietly get your requested refund as hundreds of people already have. Keep with the mob mentality its only going to keep you separated from your money longer.
this thread is bad for anyone seeking a refund, and the mods need to take notice and remove threads such as this.
this is not good for you. Please stop.
im reporting this to the mods myself – I encourage others to do the same.
This occurred throughout multiple threads on the Bitcointalk forums.
A bitcoin user found the best use of his anonymous crypto-currency was to purchase medication from Craigslist. It went about as well as one can expect buying: nearly dead, lying on the floor in the bedroom of your studio apartment gasping for air and cursing the feds.
This is by far the mosthilariousthing to happen in the official BitcoinTalk forums, ever.
Someone hacked the forums and injected some code that, among other things, causes a bunch of Bill Cosby popups, simulates uploading of a wallet.dat file, changes all avatars to images of Bill Cosby, and even changes the word Buttcoin to Cosbycoin.
You can see the hilarity yourself by going to the forums and waiting about 5 seconds for the comedy gold to flow.
Here’s a sample of what’s going on.
Better fix this right away!
Forums have been shut down for several hours now.
EDIT: I just got an email from one of the admins “Sirius” that this was mostly likely another Adobe Flash exploit.
We’re looking to the incident right now. We had to take the site offline to protect any further malicious activity.Luckilyit seems like a simple Adobe Flash exploit, and we’ve cleaned up most of the offending code and .swf files.
The exploit he was referring to had this information from Adobe’s site.
This vulnerability (CVE-2018-COZPOP) could cause a crash and potentially allow an attacker to take control of the affected server. There are reports that this vulnerability is being exploited in the wild in targeted attacks via a Flash (.swf) file embedded in certain website forum software, delivered as an emoticon or “smilie” in the forum software. At this time, Adobe is not aware of attacks targeting Adobe Reader and Acrobat. Adobe Reader X Protected Mode mitigations would prevent an exploit of this kind from executing.
Make sure to browse safely guys.